Sunday 22 March 2015

Bloggiesta Sign Up Post!

 

Usually I see Bloggiesta go sailing by me on twitter and have no time to join in or anything I really want to do with the blog. This time however I feel like there's a lot that could be done with the blog and as this event is the first ever that's a whole week long I'm looking forward to some time to get stuck into some of the bloggy things I've been neglecting. I'm also excited to take part in some mini challenges and twitter chats. If you want details about Bloggiesta (it kicks off properly tomorrow) you can find them here

Here's my list for the week - I don't expect to complete everything and will probably also add to it as the week goes on/I am inspired by other people's posts! 

  • Make proper social networking button thingys (you can tell I know exactly what I'm doing, right?) for twitter, pinterest, instagram.  Done with the help of this amazing post (and free icons!)
  • Make a blog button
  • Make the blog its own Facebook page.
  • Sort out the labels on aallll my posts and add a search function to the blog
  • Check that all the widgets on my sidebar are up to date and necessary
  • Check all of my pages for relevancy and working links
  • Write a 'currently' post and a review
  • Write myself a schedule for restarting my fairytale feature. 
  • Take part in a twitter chat & mini challenge
  • Update my reading spreadsheet & add more columns for diversity
Additions:
  • Organise Bloglovin
  • Start a TBR jar?
  • Clean up/make a page for my blogroll
  • Schedule at least two Top Ten Tuesday posts
  • Answer comments
  • Update Google+ and Blogger profiles
  • Back up Blog
  • Add 'share' options to bottom of posts
  • Visit three blogs a day and comment!
Are you taking part? What's on your list? 

15 comments:

  1. Whoa! Awesome list. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up actually completing about two of them, but I'm nothing if not an optimistic list maker :-p

      Delete
  2. I love my TBR jar.... Happy Bloggiesta!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph! I've been thinking about making one for a while - I think it will really help me motivate myself to read some of the books which have been on my shelf for longer :-)

      Delete
  3. TBR JAR YESSSS. Then you can do a post about it with pictures. I love nosing at other people's jars to see how they decorate them and how they write the slips and what the finished product looks like... I started writing a post about mine actually, but then we moved halfway through and I started again so the whole thing went by the wayside. The jar itself, on the other hand, is going strong and in pride of place on top of my bookcase. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been stopping myself googling for TBR jar posts because I know I'll lose hours staring at other people's :-p I'm so excited about getting it finished though! Hooray for randomness!

      Delete
  4. Great list of goals! I love the idea of a TBR Jar! I've been thinking about adding social media icons on my blog too, but having a hard time deciding which ones I want to use. Good luck, and hope you have fun this week!

    Terri @ Alexia's Books and Such...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to have a proper look for which ones I want to use. I do have some already but they don't cover everything I now use regularly and I really want people to be able to find me.

      I'm so excited by the TBR jar, but actually making it is fairly time consuming. I've started and am aiming to finish today or tomorrow but who knows? I have a lot of books! :-p

      Delete
  5. You've got an impressive list of goals. I need to take a look at the labels on my posts, too. And I am not familiar with the TBR jar! What a great idea!! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't until I started browsing other people's posts, such a great idea! I know I tend to develop an aversion to reading the older books on my shelves - I don't know why because I want to read them, I guess the newer shinier books are just more exciting - so hopefully this will help me to combat that!

      Thanks, hope your week is great too!

      Delete
  6. Love your social media buttons! They look great. You look like you are off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great list, Bex! I've been thinking of starting a TBR jar, too. Good luck in accomplishing your goals this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! How about some blog feedback that you requested? Your blog has a of familiar blogger stuff that I use! I might try to make your side bars wider.. .use more of the screen. And the tabs up top.. I would try to make it be either just one row, or a full two rows. The hanging one makes it look funny. What do you think? Happy Bloggiesta and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Stopping by for the requested blog feedback. I really like the parchment paper background, but is there a way to have it cover the entire blog? It stops and then the background is just white.

    I agree with Suey about maybe making the sidebars a little wider, as some of it is hard to read. And I like the social media icons you picked!

    If you have time, would love some feedback for my blog!

    Terri @ Alexia's Books and Such...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks to the Bloggiesta chat I made the leap from a 3 column blog to a 2 column blog & I'm loving it. It gave me a chance to tidy up what I had in my sidebars and it allows the blog posts to be the central feature.

    I like the clean, white look of your blog. It's easy to read and navigate.
    As Suey suggested changing the font size of your page tabs at the top will make them all fit in one line (or two of equal size if that's what you prefer).

    Where did you source your social media icons and code from? The one I found doesn't have instagram or feedly and I haven't quite worked out how to make these happen.

    ReplyDelete