Sunday 23 August 2015

A Way Into YA Day One: Science Fiction

Welcome to A Way into YA; a series of guest posts where some lovely YA loving bloggers will give you their best recommendations and try to get you to love YA as much as they do! If you've always wanted to give it a go but have been overwhelmed by the amount of choice then hopefully this week will help you find a place to start!

Today's guest blogger is Leigh of Little Book Star and she's even written you poetry to convince you to try these awesome titles. I know she has me won over!




Hi everyone! My name is Leigh and I am a blogger over at littlebookstar.wordpress.com! I just wanted to say thank you Bex for having me here! 

Ever since I started my blog which was 3 years ago (crazy, right!?) I realized that I lean more towards the sci-fi genre. I thought it would be fun to recommend my favorite YA Sci-Fi books to you by writing a haiku for each books!

ACROSS THE UNIVERSE by Beth Revis
It's hard not to stop
Cliffhangers on each chapter
So much action scenes


THE CAGE by Megan Shepherd
Crazy aliens
Suspense and nerve wracking read
Humans kept in cage



Image result for 172 hours on the moon172 HOURS ON THE MOON by Johan Harstad
Space fans will love this
Very eerie writing and
there's a big twist ugh


Image result for elusion claudia gabel
ELUSION by Claudia Gabel
A unique concept
New app like never before
The end will kill you

Not gonna lie, this was challenging to do but I had lots of fun! Thanks for having me here and I hope you guys read those books soon because they are all AMAZING!

Find me at
Twitter: @littlebookstar

Thanks for the great recommendations Leigh! I haven't heard of any of these except for Across the Universe but I'm heading off to check them out right now! 

(Title links go to Goodreads - I didn't put affiliate in this post because I'd feel weird making money from someone else's work!) 

Check back tomorrow for another guest post and some more great books!

The series so far:
Intro
Make Mine an Indie: Alma Books

No comments:

Post a Comment