Tuesday 15 December 2015

Top Ten (Fifteen) Books of 2015

Because it's the end of the year the blog is going to be full of summaries and surveys and hopefully lots of brilliant recommendations for you all, kicking off with this week's topic for Top Ten Tuesday.

In case you're unaware, Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week has a different theme and we make bookish lists. This week is the Top Ten Best Books of 2015.


I've been doing Jamie's End of Year Survey bit by bit in my drafts folder, so I already had an idea what half of this list would be before I even looked at my spreadsheet, but this year has been so good for me reading wise that there's just a lot of choice! 

Because I couldn't break it down, I have three top fives: fiction, nonfiction and YA. In the order in which they were read:

Nonfiction Faves

The Winter of Our Disconnect by Susan Maushart
The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
It's What I Do: A Photographer's Life of Love and War by Lynsey Addario
I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai and Christina Lamb

YA Faves

Every Day by David Levithan
Lola and the Boy Next Doorby Stephanie Perkins
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

Fiction Faves

Drown by Junot Diaz
Saga Volumes 12 by Brian K Vaughan and Fiona Staples
The Rehearsal by Eleanor Catton
The Gracekeepers by Kirsty Logan
If I Fall, If I Die by Michael Christie

I realise that the only one I actually talked about on the blog was It's What I Do (although straight after I post this I'm going to write about We Were Liars), which just confirms what I've been discovering as I've been making a manual archive of the last almost five years of this blog - while I talk a lot about books in general; what I want to read, what I bought, what I've been reading etc, I don't actually talk about books that much after I've read them... Hopefully that will change a little in the coming year, although I'm sure I won't go back to doing standard reviews of everything so I guess we'll have to see what that turns out to be!

Have you read any or all of these? What did you love? 

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like I need to try Saga!

    Check out my TTT and Music Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked Every Day too - and Throne of Glass. I stopped writing individual reviews on my blog this year, and it's the best thing I ever did! I like just talking about books, in a different sort of way - coming up with connections between the ones I've read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! Really want to read the Rainbow Rowell! Drown is on my list, too. As usual, you mention some new-to-me books! I love that! I meant to create a post for this meme this week, but time got away from me! Glad you did. Though my TBR list just groaned...again! Such a heavy load!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also feel like I need to talk more on my blog about the books I loved....

    http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm really happy that you loved Throne of Glass. Told you you would! :D

    I need to get round to reading Stephanie Perkins. I've had Anna and the French Kiss (or something similar?) on TBR for YEARS and never got round to it. I think I really just need to be in the right mood for contemporary YA though.

    ReplyDelete